Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
These are a sure way to make anybody smile on Easter. These Sandwiches look like a chick is about to hatch right on the bread.
- 8 slices bread
- 4 -8 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 8 slices cooked ham
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 pitted ripe olives
- Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Spread each slice with mustard; top with ham.
- Cut mozzarella cheese into egg shapes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut zigzags in the middle of each egg shape.
- Place the "eggs" on the ham leaving about 1 inch of space between the two pieces.
- In between the "egg" sprinkle cheddar cheese to make the "chick".
- Broil 4 inches from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut the olives so you have eight small pieces for beaks, and 16 small pieces for eyes; place them on the chicks.