Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Source, Southern Living/Jan 07. If you like a sweeter cookie then increase the sugar to 1 cup.
Make and share this Easiest Peanut Butter Cookies (With Variations) recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl stir together peanut butter with sugar, egg and vanilla until well combined.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets, then gently flatten with the tines of the fork.
- Bake 325 for 15 minutes or until golden brown; remove to wire racks to cool.
- FOR VARIATIONS; press 1 cup of either chocolate chips, toffee bits or chopped peanuts on top of the prepared cookie dough, then bake as directed.
- Or another variation for chocolate peanut butter cookies is; divide the peanut butter cookie dough in half; stir in half of the the melted baking squares into each half of the peanut butter cookie dough, then mix until combined, bake as directed.
i saw this made on paula's home cooking recently, and she used splenda instead of sugar, but i don't use artificial sweeteners so i stuck with sugar (but did however use reduced fat peanut butter and the vanilla) and these were amazing. they were heavenly straight out of the oven and still oh so yummy when they were cooled...a big plus in my book!! i will definitely make these again and again!!
As I'm sitting here at my desk, HOLDING ON FOR DEAR LIFE, to the LAST COOKIE!!!! I'm kicking myself for not quadrupling the batch! That's okay, they only take a couple of minute to whip up. I promised DH peanut butter cookies today, and as quickly as they were cool enough to pick up they were gone! I did make a small change (so I could have 1 or 2!) Splenda - 1/2 cup and brown sugar 1/4 cup. I also used Honey Roasted Peanut Butter that I ground myself at the local health food store this morning, and 2 tsp of vanilla because I love the flavor! DH just asked if I would please make more cookies later. This is going straight into his "Favorites" cookbook!!! Thanks for another winner Kitt! Made for 1,2,3 Hits!
I can't stop making these. What a easy recipe to make for a bake sale.