Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
In our house, Mac and Cheese is a staple! (No, I don't have any kids.. it is I that loves the cheesy pasta.) Based on the reviews on the Campbell's website, this is an easy, go to, tasty recipe. What I like is that I can use whole grain pasta and low fat milk to make it much better than the boxed stuff. I have made these modifications in the listing of the recipe, but certainly use full fat milk (or.. dare I say.. cream!)/regular pasta if you wish. **Original recipe calls for 1/2 can milk and 1/2 can water but I figured Zaar wouldn't recognize that so I put about 2/3 c. It may be more accurate to use the can method.
- 304.75 g can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 158.51 ml water, **see note in recipe description
- 158.51 ml low-fat milk
- 236.59 ml whole wheat pasta, (use fusilli or penne)
- Heat the soup, milk and water in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil.
- Stir the pasta in the saucepan. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes or until the pasta is tender, stirring often.
I made it exactly as recipe calls except used large macaroni and regular milk.. Excellent, nice taste and texture.. Thank you, I will make this often 8)
*Great comfort food* I made this last night for a quick side to go with my stadium brats. I used home made cheese soup with Velveeta cheese using Recipe #278160 also used 1 cup milk and 2 ounces water. Thanks for posting, I will make this often. :)
Used regular pasta instead of whole wheat, because that is what I had on hand. Had to add a little extra liquid, but other than that, it was good for a quick and easy mac and cheese. I did not really time it though -- just based it on tender time :)