Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
Just over a minute in the blender and chill. How easy can you get? this is perfect for summer when you don't want to be cooking much or any time you want something simple and yummy.
- Place chocolate in blender.
- Bring 3/4 cup water, 2 tablespoons sugar, and espresso powder to simmer in medium saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Pour over chocolate.
- Cover tightly; blend 5 seconds.
- Add egg whites.
- Cover tightly; blend on high 1 minute.
- Pour into 4 small bowls.
- Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- Whisk cream, lemon juice, peel, and 1 tablespoon sugar in small bowl to very soft peaks.
- Spoon over mousse; serve.
Boy this one is hard for me to rate; I'm sure I must have done something really wrong though I think I followed the recipe??? This never did firm up for me, more like a chocolate drink. The flavor was good & the lemon cream topping to die for - but the Mousse just did not work and I left it in the fridge over night thinking it just needed a little more time. I couldn't even post the photo as it looked so bad, but I will try this again to see what I did wrong & come back to update this. Made for Rookie Recipe Tag game Fall 2013
Sorry this did not work for us at all, I made as per recipe but after 5 hours it had not set and was just liquid so I dissolved 2 teaspoons of gelatine in hot water and whisked through and after 3 hours it had firmed up a little but was still on the liquid side and as I didn't have a lemon I topped with vanilla laced whipped cream and a sprinkle of chocolate flake and a spliced strawberry. Considering the other reviewers obviously had no problem I am assuming that I have erred or something about my ingredients caused a problem. Thank you Annacia, made for Rookie tag game.
Amazing recipe that was as easy as it was delicious!