Recipe by firealarmqueen
I found this recipe in a Fix-It-And-Forget-It crock pot cookbook. It is extremely forgiving and versatile...not to mention delicious! You'll be amazed at the cobbler-like texture that you can get with boxed cake mix, butter and a crock-pot. I personally prefer yellow cake mix + cherry pie filling + walnuts (as recipe indicates).
Top Review by morgainegeiser
This was so very easy to make and went together like a breeze. What a novel idea and it tasted just like fruit cobbler. I used the yellow cake mix and the cherry pie filling.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter (one stick)
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling (I usually use two)
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts (more or less, as you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt your butter in a microwave-safe container.
- Stir in the cake mix until well combined and crumbly.
- Dump your pie filling into the crock-pot.
- Evenly spread your cake mixture over top.
- Sprinkle with nuts (or you can mix your nuts in with the cake).
- This can be altered to fit your family's taste (try pecans instead of walnuts, or peach pie filling instead of cherry). Multiple combinations and possibilities.
- Cook on HIGH 2 hours or LOW 4 hours. Serve warm, with whipped cream or ice cream.