Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My friend, Kim, from Marion County, KY told me this recipe...It's the ONLY recipe I can use to get my kids to eat pork chops! Every time I make this, there are not only any leftovers, but they actually FIGHT about "who gets the last one!" Awesome, and so easy, I'm ashamed to post this...
- 4 boneless pork chops ("minute" or thin cut)
- 1 (12 ounce) can Coke (NOT diet Coke)
- 1 cup kraft hickory flavored barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic salt
- salt & pepper
- Season pork chops with salt, pepper, garlic salt and paprika. Place in large skillet. Start heating skillet to medium heat.
- Combine can of Coke and BBQ sauce and mix well.
- Pour BBQ/Coke mixture over seasoned pork chops.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer over medium/low heat for 1 hour. (I turn the pork chops after 1/2 hour.).
- YUM! :).
My GF and I really liked this. The chops were tender and flavorful.
These were okay, but nearly as tender and flavorful as I thought they would be. I probably won't make again.
I made this dish using KC Masterpiece original BBQ sauce and it was great too! It was very spicy and tasty. I would definitely make this again. My husband loved it too. It was a little too spicy for my 5 year old son though. :) Thanks for sharing this recipe