1/1 Photo of Earl's Warm Spinach and Artichoke Dip
So addictive we've nick-named it green crack. I reverse-engineered from the one served at earl's, I think it tastes the same, what do you think?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g frozen spinach, thawed (one package or box, about 1 1/4 cups once drained)
- 1/2 cup light cream cheese
- 170 ml marinated artichoke hearts, one small jar (about 2/3 cup once drained)
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk, if needed to help blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon basil
for pita chips
- 6 pita breads (the pocket kind, not the soft pizza-shell kind)
- olive oil, preferably in a spray bottle
- salt and pepper
- 1Purée spinach and artichokes (drained) in blender, melt cream cheese in microwave if needed and blend in, add milk to let it blend but do not let it get too runny, should still be quite thick at this stage.
- 2Remove from blender and stir in feta, mozzarella, and herbs to taste.
- 3Heat in microwave until bubbly. It's best to serve a bit at a time unless you have a huge crowd since it cools quickly and isn't as good that way.
- 4To make pita chips: spray or lightly brush pita pockets with olive oil or butter and dust with salt and pepper. Cut each into 4 triangles and arrange on a baking sheet. put under broiler, oil side up, for 2 min or until crispy and golden-WATCH CAREFULLY! They burn very quickly.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Earl's Warm Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.0
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 38.7 mg
- Sodium 933.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 14.0 g