Recipe by spiritussancto
So addictive we've nick-named it green crack. I reverse-engineered from the one served at earl's, I think it tastes the same, what do you think?
- 500 g frozen spinach, thawed (one package or box, about 1 1/4 cups once drained)
- 1⁄2 cup light cream cheese
- 170 ml marinated artichoke hearts, one small jar (about 2/3 cup once drained)
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk, if needed to help blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon basil
for pita chips
- 6 pita breads (the pocket kind, not the soft pizza-shell kind)
- olive oil, preferably in a spray bottle
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Purée spinach and artichokes (drained) in blender, melt cream cheese in microwave if needed and blend in, add milk to let it blend but do not let it get too runny, should still be quite thick at this stage.
- Remove from blender and stir in feta, mozzarella, and herbs to taste.
- Heat in microwave until bubbly. It's best to serve a bit at a time unless you have a huge crowd since it cools quickly and isn't as good that way.
- To make pita chips: spray or lightly brush pita pockets with olive oil or butter and dust with salt and pepper. Cut each into 4 triangles and arrange on a baking sheet. put under broiler, oil side up, for 2 min or until crispy and golden-WATCH CAREFULLY! They burn very quickly.