Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Adapted from Southern Living. This uses tea to flavor the dressing.
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 bags earl grey tea (regular sized)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, minced
- Bring vinegar to a boil, add tea bags, cover, and let steep 30 minutes; discard tea bags when done.
- Using a blender, combine vinegar mixture with mustard, salt, and pepper in a blender until smooth.
- Turn blender to high speed and add the oil in a slow, steady stream.
- Hand stir in the minced basil.
- Taste for seasonings- adjust to suit your tastes.
Actually served this to HeatherFeather and family, and we all thought it was great! Tangy and a little different, we'll make this one again. A new twist on vinaigrette.