Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A dear friend served this to a party of six one evening and it was a smashing success. We all had to have the recipe. It's great to prepare when you're having guests; spend the hour prior to dinner with them instead of in the kitchen. You'll get raves too! Serve with rice pilaf, 'frozen cranberry salad' and a good Southern California Viognier. Enjoy friends!
- 16 pieces lightly salted boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (both 98% fat free)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup crushed stove top chicken flavor stuffing mix
- In 9"x13" pyrex pan place chicken pieces and top with slices of cheese.
- Pour mixed soups and milk ingredients over the cheese.
- Sprinkle top with crushed stuffing mixture.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake@ 325 degrees F for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
I put this meal together and put my feet up. A great meal to do when the summer dog days are making you feel lazy. I did not use the fat-free soup as directed because I don't care for the texture of those soups. It was delicious. Not as healthy probably, but delicious. Thanks for sharing this keeper.
I thought this was very tasty.. My hubby initially objected to cooking chicken in soup, but afterwards he was commenting on how good it tasted. I didn't have the stuffing mix, so I used Panko breadcrumbs, which I seasoned up a little.. I also didn't get it to brown enough initially, so I had to crank up the heat towards the end for about 10 minutes.. I prepard this with the 2 serving version, and cooked it for 1 hour in a 9x9" Pyrex dish...
Great recipe! Easy to make and tastes wonderful. I used the regular soup also. And I had Pepperidge Farms stuffing on hand and it worked really well. We loved the flavor of this dish. I will definitely save this one. Thanks!