Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is another South Texas favorite. It is VERY GOOD AND VERY RICH TASTING!!
Make and share this Dulce De Leche Cream Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄3 cup almonds, toasted
- Prepare cake mix according to directions for a 13 x 9 baking pan, cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Place sweetened condensed milk in a large, microwave safe bowl. Micro on med. for 4 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Reduce to med-low power, micro for 16 to 24 minutes, whisking every few minutes, until thick and light caramel color.
- Stir in caramel topping. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Spread evenly over cake, cool completely.
- Beat whipping cream in a large mixing bowl until soft peaks form. Add sugar and vanilla, beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon over cake, sprinkle with nuts.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.