This is another South Texas favorite. It is VERY GOOD AND VERY RICH TASTING!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or 1/3 cup almonds, toasted
- 1Prepare cake mix according to directions for a 13 x 9 baking pan, cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- 2Place sweetened condensed milk in a large, microwave safe bowl. Micro on med. for 4 minutes, stirring half way through.
- 3Reduce to med-low power, micro for 16 to 24 minutes, whisking every few minutes, until thick and light caramel color.
- 4Stir in caramel topping. Cool for 15 minutes.
- 5Spread evenly over cake, cool completely.
- 6Beat whipping cream in a large mixing bowl until soft peaks form. Add sugar and vanilla, beat until stiff peaks form.
- 7Spoon over cake, sprinkle with nuts.
- 8Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dulce De Leche Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 553.1
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 119.4 mg
- Sodium 386.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 39.1 g
- Protein 7.2 g