Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Source: Every Day with Rachael Ray Magazine, February 2008 issue
Make and share this Dulce De Leche Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 10 ounces shortbread cookies, such as Lorna Doone
- 1⁄4 cup blanched almond, toasted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 3⁄4 cups dulce de leche or 1 3⁄4 cups other caramel sauce
- boiling water, for baking
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Wrap the outside of a 9-inch springform pan with foil.
- Using a food processor, finely chop the cookies, nuts, brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Add the butter and pulse until just combined.
- Press into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake until set, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Lower the oven temperature to 300°.
- Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese until softened, 2 minutes.
- Beat in the flour and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt on low speed.
- Beat in the eggs and egg yolk, 1 at a time, on medium speed.
- Mix in 1 cup dulce de leche.
- Pour the batter into the crust.
- Loosely cover the pan with foil, set in a roasting pan and pour in enough boiling water to reach a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake the cheesecake until set at the edges but slightly wobbly in the center, about 55 minutes.
- Transfer the cake to a rack; let rest for 15 minutes.
- Spread the remaining 3/4 cup dulce de leche over the warm cake.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, then remove the springform and slice the cheesecake.