Recipe by KitchenCraftsnMore
A good idea for gifts OR to have on hand when you're craving these yummy crunchy Italian biscuits.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup slivered almonds
Recipe for Biscotti
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
Directions See How It's Made
- For the dry mix: Combine all of the above ingredients, and store in a sealed container.
- (A Mason jar is perfect for this, but any glass or plastic container with a tight-fitting lid will work well too.) Now here is the recipe for how to use this basic dry mix to make the biscotti.
- If giving as gifts, make sure this recipe is attached to the jar.
- Combine the dry mix, the 3 whole eggs and two extra egg yolks together in a large bowl until well combined.
- Divide the stiff dough in two.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the half until its about 3 by 9 inches.
- Bake these in a preheated oven (350 degrees) for 20-25 minutes, until slightly golden in color.
- Immediately turn the oven down to 275 degrees, for the second baking.
- Cool for about fifteen minutes, and then cut the longer pieces into one-half inch slices.
- Bake these again in the oven at 275 degrees for 20 minutes on EACH SIDE.