I know it's silly, but I don't feel as guilty eating this as I would eating cheesecake. This recipe is easy and quick to make and is always a big hit! I use light Cool Whip and cream cheese but if you want a richer taste, go with the regular.
- Mix margarine, graham wafer crumbs, peanut butter and peanuts together.
- Press into a 9x13 inch pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add peanut butter and eggs.
- Add vanilla and Cool Whip and mix until blended.
- Pour mixture over wafer crumbs and freeze for one hour.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Keep frozen and serve chilled. Place in fridge 30 minutes before serving.
- TIP: Before preparing crust, you can cut the cream cheese into 8 cubes and put in the bowl. Put in the sugar and let it sit while you prepare the crust. This allows the cream cheese to soften faster.
This was a nice, not-too-heavy end to our meal tonight. I halved the recipe and only made a 9" square dish, because freezer space is at a premium in my house. The only peanut butter I had was the crunchy kind, so I left out the crushed nuts in the crust mixture. I wasn't really sure what a liter of Cool Whip was (I think it comes in 8oz and 12 or 16oz tubs), so I bought a large tub and used half for this. Stupidly, when I was cleaning up the mess after I put the dessert in the freezer to chill, I realized that I had only added one of the two eggs. It didn't seem to have an adverse effect on the dessert, though. I personally wasn't all that concerned with the raw egg in it, but I suppose pasteurized eggs or egg substitute could be used instead if that's a concern for anyone. I've eaten enough uncooked cookie dough and cake batter in my life that if raw egg was going to kill me, I would've been six feet under years ago LOL. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 09
it appears that the eggs are uncooked... not healthy