Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Kids and adults love these very simple, but tasty cookies. Make sure you have a glass of milk handy!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Sift together: flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Cream together: butter or margarine, shortening, sugar and vanilla.
- Blend in egg.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Blend in the milk.
- Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in 350° oven for 10-12 minutes.
Easy, quick & delicious. They keep very, very well.
I added 1 teaspoon almond extract, and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg. I scooped the cookies with a small cookie scoop and dipped the tops in colored sugar and pressed them with the bottom of a glass and they were perfect for valentines day
So rich & delicious yet so basic & easy to make! It was hard to stop eating these delectable little cookies!! I followed the recipe exactly & loved the crunchy outside, soft, cakey inside. I did end up with 4 dozen good-sized cookies.