Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was one of my gram's favorite sugar cookie recipe. She got the recipe from a community cookbook. My gram liked to add 1/2-2/3 teaspoon Lemon Extract to her sugar cookies as her mother always did. These sugar cookies are so soft and my family think they taste so good. When I made these I used Splenda for baking.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup sour milk or 1 cup cream
- Cream sugar, shortening, eggs and vanilla.
- Then add dry ingredients and milk in small amounts and mix well.
- Grease sheets very good.
- Drop by tablespoon. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes.