Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
- Sift baking powder, salt and flour together.
- Mix in butter with the tips of your fingers.
- Add the milk and beat to a soft dough.
- Drop by tablespoonsful about 1" apart onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in a preheated 450º oven.
Yummy, easy and quick!!! I like how quick these came together!! I made it into 20 biscuits rather than 12 and they were plenty large. I used skim milk also! I will be using this as my go to recipe! Thanks for a great recipe.
I gave this 5 stars. My family loves biscuits and we love these. I like the fact that I can drop them and not roll them out. My copy of this recipe I got from Old Time Cooking. The copy I have is slightly different. No butter is called for. It calls for 3 Tsp baking powder, 2 cups flour, 1 Tsp salt, 3/4 cup milk, 1 tsp sugar, 1/3 cup corn oil, and 1 beaten egg (opt). The rest is the same with the addition of the other ingredients. Thanks for posting a great recipe! Christine (internetnut)
these are great you don't have to roll and then cut them