Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another tasty looking recipe that I found on a supermarket circular. The combination of figs and goat is such a pleasure, I'm looking forward to trying this. When I finally get around to making this, will probably look for some ways to reduce the oil in the dressing.
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 sprigs rosemary, stems discarded
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces arugula
- 6 white dried figs, stems removed
- 4 tablespoons goat cheese
- Toast walnuts on a baking sheet in the oven at 300 degrees until they are just fragrant, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- In a food processor, or metal bowl, combine rosemary, honey, vinegar, water, mustard, salt, and pepper. Slowly blend in the oil.
- Combine arugula, figs and walnuts in a salad bowl. Give the dressing a final whisk and toss with salad. Divide salad onto four plates and garnish with one tablespoon of goat cheese.
- 210 calories/12g fat/4g fiber.
Deliciously different salad. Perfect combination of sweet and spicy, crunchy and chewey. The peppery arugula is perfect with the rosemary scented dressing. Just wonderful!
I loved this salad, although I did make a few changes. I can't find arugula, so used romaine lettuce. I loved the dressing, and plan to use it on many salads. Loved the tanginess of the goat cheese. Thank you so much Toni. Darn, I wish my camera worked!
Subbed fresh figs (as we love them) and skipped the honey. The goat cheese, arugula and figs paired very well together.