Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This cake is so good! a friend gave me the recipe. i only cook it once or twice a year because the coconut milk is bad for you.
- 18 ounces white cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of coconut (Coco Lopez)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (6 ounce) can flaked coconut
- Bake cake in a 13x9 pan according to box instructions.
- let cake cool slightly.
- take a wooden mixing spoon and put holes in the cake.
- shake the can of cream of coconut milk well (for 5 minutes).
- slowly pour coconut milk on the cake filling the holes.
- when cake is cool to the touch, frost with cool whip.
- sprinkle with flaked coconut.
The cake is fantastic. Off topic though coconut milk /oil isn't bad for you on its own. In the form of a cake how ever it isn't the healthiest.
Everyone loved this cake! I do have to say that there is a difference between cream of coconut and coconut milk. I looked over the recipe to make sure I had all the ingredients before I started making it. What I read was coconut milk. Luckily, I was reading the review about using condensed milk instead, and then it hit me that you must mean cream of coconut, which I didn't have. I did have condensed milk so I used that. The cake was very good, but didn't have the coconut flavor that the cream of coconut would have given it. I'll try it again with the cream of coconut.
I made this because I had items on hand and needed something fast. My family loves coconut so figured couldn't go wrong here. WOW! Really moist. It disappeared so fast there was no left overs , my husband didn't beat the crowd so he missed out so will be making it again :) Thanks for sharing!!