Yummers Zucchini Soup
- Ready In:
- 8 zucchini, cut up
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 slices uncooked bacon, cut up
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- Put all ingredients in pot, cook on medium low heat until tender ( approximately 35-45 minutes).
- Let cool slightly.
- Blend soup mixture in blender.
- Serve with dab of sour cream/ parmesan cheese or both on top.
- One word of caution, do not fill the blender too full with hot soup, the lid will explode from heat expansion., I know I learned this the hard way.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Revision: Easy and delish. A couple of notes. I did not add seasoning salt. I add a NO salt all purpose seasoning, just a teaspoon and then a pinch of salt. I also used LOW salt broth.<br/><br/>I did add fresh chives to finish off the soup add the end of cooking. I thought it needed a bright fresh flavor. For my tastes in the second 1/2 of the batch, I did add 2 small garlic cloves, and a pinch of red pepper flakes.<br/><br/>But I like a lot of spice. It was very tasty and easy. I was very pleased.