Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Lets get cooking with the Doctor
- 2721.55-3628.73 g turkey or 2721.55-3628.73 g chicken
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml celery, chopped
- 236.59 ml parsley, chopped
- 1419.0 ml bread cubes, 1/2 inch
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml thyme
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 118.29 ml Dr. Pepper cola (plus 10 ounces Dr. Pepper for basting)
- Rinse turkey or chicken in cold water, pat dry.
- Remove neck, wing tips, giblets and simmer in small amount of water to make broth (about 2 cups).
- Melt butter or margarine and saute onions and celery until tender but not brown, cool.
- Combine bread cubes, salt, pepper, thyme and parsley.
- Add sauteed vegetables and toss lightly.
- Add beaten egg, the 1/2 cup of Dr Pepper, and broth.
- Spoon about 1 cup of the stuffing into the neck cavity.
- Fasten skin to back with skewer.
- Spoon stuffing into body cavity (do not pack), close body cavity by skewering skin together and lacing it closed with heavy string.
- Tie drumsticks to the tail.
- Place turkey in roaster or pan breast side up and roast at 325 degrees F for about 3 hours or until done.
- Baste frequently, first pouring from the bottle of Dr Pepper, slowly over the bird.
- When all is poured, baste from the liquid in the pan, spooning over the bird at frequent intervals.