Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
In honor of all those beautiful table settings I thought this dip would be appropriate. Make sure to use the whipped cream cheese in tubs. It will give this dip a smoother texture. If the dip seems salty then just serve with unsalted crackers. Bon Appetit, March 2001.
- 16 ounces whipped cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, thinly sliced, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped, divided
- salt and pepper
- 2 ounces red salmon roe
- pumpernickel rounds or rye cocktail bread
- Using rubber spatula, mash whipped cream cheese and milk in medium bowl to blend.
- Fold in salmon and 1 tablespoon chives.
- Season with pepper to taste.
- Gently fold in caviar.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours to blend flavors. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.).
- Sprinkle dip with remaining 1 tablespoon chives.
- Serve dip chilled.