Prep 30 mins
Cook 28 mins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (4 ounce) jars pear baby food
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup diced pear
- Preheat oven to 400°; grease 12-cup muffin pan.
- Topping-in a small bowl, combine pecans, brown sugar, and nutmeg; set aside.
- Muffins-in a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a big bowl, whisk together brown sugar, eggs, and butter until well blended.
- Whisk in pear baby food and vanilla until blended.
- Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture alternately with the buttermilk, making two additions of flour and one of buttermilk, until just blended.
- Gently fold in diced pears.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake for 19-23 minutes or until tops are golden and a pick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.