Top Review by Tess Geer
Great recipe but you'd better really, really like ginger because it's really an overwhelming flavor in this tart. I will definitely make it again BUT I think I will cut back on the ginger maybe by half. Otherwise loved it!
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup very firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup solid-pack pumpkin puree
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger (more for garnish)
- whipped cream (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 325°F
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and brown sugar with a stand mixer or handheld mixer on medium speed until smooth and lump-free,about 3 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin,cinnamon, ginger, and salt and continue beating until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Add the egg yolk, egg, and vanilla and beat until just incorporated.
- Sprinkle the chopped crystallized ginger over the batter and stir it in with a rubber spatula.
- Use the spatula to scrape the filling into the crust and spread evenly.
- Bake the tart until the filling just barely jiggles when the tart pan is nudged, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Transfer the tart to a rack and let cool completely. Refrigerate the tart in the pan until chilled and firm, about 3 hours.
- Garnish with whipped cream and crystallized ginger.