Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
This is a delicious rich, moist, double chocolate chip cookie.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour and baking soda. Set Aside.
- Use an electric mixer to cream butter. Add vanilla and sugars, and beat until fluffy. Beat in egg. At low speed beat in cocoa, then milk. With a wooden spoon mix in dry ingredients just until blended. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 13 minutes. Remove from oven and cool slightly before removing from baking sheets.