Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A chocolate lovers treat! These cookies have a double dose of chocolatey goodness. There's chocolate in the dough plus there's plenty of chocolate chips studded thoughout these yummy cookies.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed cream butter and sugars until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then vanilla. On low speed gradually add flour mixture and mix just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls two inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes. Transfer cookies to cooling racks to cool.