1/1 Photo of Double Chicken Dumpling Soup
Mommy Diva's Note:
Another yummy recipe from Rachel Ray Show. This one is for dinner tonight. Picture to follow. ;) Looks Yummy though. I would use a 3 cheese blend - parm, asagio and romano myself as that is my fav. I will also use 1-2 8oz packages of Rising Moon Garlic and Basil frozen Gnocchi (depending on your preference)in place of the fresh since I could not locate fresh in the refrigerated grocery aisle here locally. May be only seasonally in my area. ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 celery ribs, from the heart chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, shredded (3 generous handfuls)
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- grated fresh nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (a couple of handfuls)
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese (a couple of handfuls)
- 1 (16 ounce) package gnocchi, available in market refrigerated aisle with fresh pastas
- 1 cup frozen peas
- flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- crusty bread, for mopping
- 1Heat a soup pot over medium to medium-high heat with EVOO.
- 2Add celery, onions, carrots and bay leaf, season with salt and pepper, and cook 5 minutes.
- 3Add stock to the pot, cover and bring to a boil.
- 4Place chicken in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- 5Add garlic, nutmeg, egg, bread crumbs and cheese.
- 6Combine the chicken mixture with your hands then roll into walnut-sized meat balls and add to the soup.
- 7Wash up, then add the gnocchi to the pot and cook for 5 minutes.
- 8Add peas and parsley, and cook 2 minutes more.
- 9Turn heat off under the stoup and allow it to cool for 5 minutes on the stovetop.
- 10Sprinkle each bowl with your favorite shredded or grated white cheese (see ingredients for ideas) before serving with crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Chicken Dumpling Soup
Serving Size: 1 (704 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.2
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 150.4 mg
- Sodium 1155.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 43.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: