Easy Creamy Chicken Dumpling Soup
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups stock
- 1⁄3 cup corn
- 1⁄3 cup peas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Simmer the carrots, onion and celery in the chicken broth until soft.
- Add the corn, peas, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and chicken.
- Add the cream soups and mix well over medium heat until incorporated.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- For the dumplings, mix the egg, milk, and melted butter.
- Add to the flour and add salt, pepper and parsley.
- It will make a thick sticky batter.
- Drop by spoonfuls into the simmering soup.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes,
- Do not allow soup to boil.
- Serve in large bowls.
My whole family loves, loves, loves this recipe. Even my 11 month old. I reduced the cream soup to one or two cans - low fat variety - and increased the broth (low sodium) just to put a healthier spin on it and it turned out fantastic. I also have been using leftover turkey from the freezer and it is great. A really, really good "dinner" soup.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a military spouse, stay at home mom for two wonderful kids, and run a children's daycare in my home. Needless to say, I am busy. We have lived all over the world, including Washington State, Sicily, Italy and Maryland. We currently call Guam home, and are loving the tropical beach life! Our "hearts" belong to Wisconsin, where we were born and raised, and we long to return to the midwest.