Recipe by nvermd
I like the little bit of chocolate with the cherries in this two cherry pie. From BHG magazine.
Top Review by Darkhunter
I made this pie for my sister who loves cherries and chocolate. Imagine my surprise when she said "too much chocolate". I tasted it and I thought the same. Will try this again, but will cut down the chocolate in the crust and cut it entirely from the topping. Will aso have to tweak the topping a bit. I was really hoping to like this, and I am sorry I could not give it more stars.
For the crust
- 1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup quick oats or 3⁄4 cup oats
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
For the filling
- 1 (16 ounce) can light cherry pie filling
- 1 (16 ounce) canpitted tart red cherries, water packed,drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
For the topping
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick oats or 2 tablespoons oats
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- For the crust, melt the 1/2 cup of chocolate pieces and 5 tablespoons of butter.
- Remove from heat and stir in the 3/4 cup oats, 3/4 cup flour, and 1/4 cup brown sugar.
- Press firmly onto the bottom and sides of a greased 10 inch pie place.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Combine pie filling, cherries and almond extract.
- Pour into the baked crust.
- Mix the 1/2 cup flour, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 2 tablespoons oats.
- Cut in the 3 tablespoons butter to form coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the 1/4 cup chocolate pieces.
- Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.