Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe that I have had for a long time. Usually I can't find cherry cake mix and have to use cherry chip. It is so easy since you start with a cake mix.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces cherry cake mix
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red food coloring
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Reserve 1 cup of cake mix.
- In large mixing bowl combine remaining cake mix, 1 egg, and oil. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Press crust mixture evenly into bottom and 3/4 way up the sides of a greased 13x9x2 inch pan.
- In same bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar.
- Add 3 eggs and reserved cake mix.
- Beat 1 minute at medium speed.
- At slow speed slowly add milk, flavorings, and color.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake for 45 - 55 minutes or until center is firm.
- When cool top with pie filling and chill.
- Store in refrigerator.