Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A savory bread; great with a bowl of soup.
Top Review by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
VERY GOOD, with a light tender crumb! I added a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper, and had to add approximately 1/3 cup more flour to get the dough to the right consistency ~ I baked eight (8) 3.7" x 2.4" little loaves, in a dark pan, at 350F for 18 minutes!
1 1/2 pound loaf
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour or 3 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons minced dried onion
- 1⁄2 cup shredded aged cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast or 1 1⁄4 teaspoons instant yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure ingredients into baking pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Insert the pan into the oven chamber.
- Select Basic Cycle.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a rack.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing.