Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
This recipe is from the 1977 edition of Tea-Time at the Masters Cookbook, page 251 -- my family has enjoyed these brownies for almost 30 years! Probably the best blond brownie you will ever eat!
Top Review by NANCIECHIC
I have looked for this recipe for years! My mother made these for us for 50 years. They just came out of the oven and they are delicious! Making additions is limitless...add nuts,chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips, macadamia nuts, to name a few. This whole site was worth finding this recipe! So easy!
- 453.59 g box light brown sugar
- 177.44 ml butter (equals 1 1/2 sticks butter)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 473.18 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, or 325 degrees if using pyrex or glass.
- Melt brown sugar and butter together. Cool mixture for about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla and nuts together.
- Add to other mixture.
- Mix well.
- Bake in greased 9 x 13 pan at 350 degrees for 30 minutes ~ if using pyrex or glass, reduce temperature to 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Top with chocolate frosting, if desired ~ I usually don't!