Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from my mother-in-law's recipe collection. I love this slaw. Sometimes I will slice a seedless cucumber with my thin slicing blade on my food processor and add it to the slaw.
- 1 head cabbage, shredded
- 2 white onions, sliced into thin rings
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- Layer cabbage and onions in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle sugar over this, and do not stir or mix.
- Bring all dressing ingredients to a boil in a saucepan except salad oil.
- Remove dressing from heat and add oil.
- Pour over cabbage mixture while still hot and refrigerate overnight.
- Do not stir or mix.
- Mix just before serving.
- It will keep for 1-2 weeks in refrigerator.