Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
You can make this in no time and serve with a green salad to complete your easy, tasty meal. Estimated prep and cook times.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 bag plain Doritos
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown together ground beef and onion until beef is brown and onion is tender; drain well.
- Add the mushroom soup, cheddar cheese soup, Ro-tel tomatoes and soup can of milk to beef/onion mixture; stir until well mixed.
- Line a 13x9 baking dish with the Doritos.
- Cover with the meat/soup mixture and sprinkle completely with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
I hate to give a bad review, but this wasn't as good as I expected. Quite plain tasting. My Wife actually gave it a two star rating and the kids said go with three. At most grocery stores in the Mexican section you can get a thing called a soft taco bake. We have tried that before and prefer it alot more than this. The only saving grace was I served it with some deep fried tater tots. We only had about three or four forkfulls of this. Again I am sorry for the negative review but different strokes for different folks I guess. Thanks for sharing this recipe anyway.
Easy to use with All Purpose Ground Meat Mix Recipe #31008. This Tex Mex type main dish is easy and fast to put together. I would suggest adding some pinto beans or cooked rice to the meat mix. Serve with tortilla chips to dip.
I served this with sour cream and salsa, my family really enjoyed it.