1/1 Photo of Doreen's Dinner Rolls
2 hrs 12 mins
I got this recipe from my sister in law who brought these to a family dinner. She got the recipe from a church cookbook. I had to have the recipe when I tried them! They have just a hint of sweetness and are just perfect. I have made these myself and I couldn't believe how well they turned out! (p.s. These freeze really well after they are baked & you can just unthaw the amount of rolls you need in the microwave!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine yeast, water, and a little of the sugar in a small bowl.
- 2Mix sugar, milk, eggs, butter, and salt in a large bowl.
- 3After yeast has risen a little, add to milk mixture.
- 4Gradually add flour until a soft but not-too-sticky dough has formed.
- 5Knead 6-7 minutes.
- 6Let dough rise in buttered bowl until doubled in size.
- 7Punch dough down and divide into three balls.
- 8Roll out each ball into a flat circle and cut into 8 triangles to make crescent-style rolls.
- 9Let them rise again, about 40 minutes.
- 10Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 12 minutes, depending on the size of the rolls.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Doreen's Dinner Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.8
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 57.0 mg
- Sodium 489.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 11.3 g