Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom Made these all the time when i was a kid when i had my friends sleep over.. Frosting, and glaze recipes in the directions
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Blend dry ingredence
- Add oil, milk and egg.
- mix well with fork.
- In heavy pan, pour enough oil to measure 2" deep
- Heat oil 375.
- drop dough by teaspoonfuls into hot oil.
- fry about 3 min or until golden.
- drain on paper towels
- roll donuts in cinnamon sugar, glaze, or chocolate frosting.
- 3/4 C powdered sugar.
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp butter softened.
- milk as much needed
- Mix together sugar, vanilla, and butter
- add enough milk to make glaze
- Chocolate frosting
- 3/4 C powered sugar
- 1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa.
- 1 tsp butter
- Mix together sugar cocoa and butter
- add enough milk to make a frosting
- that is not as thick as would be used to frost a cake
- mix until smooth.
My DD loved them. And I liked that I didn't have too much work with them. I cut down the recipe and I used 1 c flour, 1 egg, 1 1/2 t baking powder, 4 T milk.
Excellent! Subbed truvia for the sugar...also needed a bit more liquid but the measuring was done by a 2 1/2 and six year old... :)