Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a copycat recipe posted by Genny Blake and is posted by request. Enjoy!
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, snipped into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 cups broken tortilla chips
- 1 (7 ounce) canvacuum-packed corn kernels (go with frozen if you can't find the vacuum type)
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped into 1/2 inch dice
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- In a large saucepan mix broth, salsa, dried tomatoes and cumin.
- Bring to a boil, reduce and simmer for 10 minutes or until tomatoes are tender.
- Mix in 2 tsp of the cilantro and 2 tsp of lime juice.
- Ladle into 4 bowls.
- Divide equally among the 4 bowls the remaining cilantro, tortilla chips, corn, avocado and cheese.
- Offer sour cream if you wish.
I love this recipe and make it about every other week. I am fond of another crock pot chicken tortilla soup recipe on here, but this one takes half the ingredients, about 1/5 the total cook and prep time, and is still delicious. Thank you!
I made this for the first time last night and it was fantastic! Very easy, and so tasty!
This gets 5 stars b/c it is easy and it comes out great! I served this to my husband and he couldn't get over how yummy it is! We added chicken and it was also really good. I would highly recommend!