Don Pablos Chicken Tortilla Soup (Copycat)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 3 chicken breast halves
- 1 gallon water
- 3 carrots (1/4 Sliced)
- 3 celery ribs (1/4 Sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (Chopped)
- 2 tablespoons garlic (Minced)
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro (Chopped)
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes (Mild)
- 1⁄2 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup canned corn (Or Fresh)
- 1 (10 count) package corn tortillas
- 12 ounces monterey jack cheese (Fancy Shred)
- Boil chicken, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, salt, and peppers in water for about 1-2 hours.
- Remove chicken and let cool. Add Rotel, cilantro, corn, and cumin to the pot. Stir well. Remove chicken from the bone and add to the pot. Add cream just to get color and thickness.
- Cut tortillas in strips and fry in peanut oil. Put tortillas in bottom of bowl, sprinkle with cheese and pour soup on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!