Recipe by Cookin'withGas
Found on the back of a package of Domino's confectioners' sugar. Placed here for safekeeping!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons butter, soft
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine granulated sugar, water, cream of tartar and salt in a saucepan; cook and stir until sugar melts.
- Cook WITHOUT stirring until syrup reaches 260° on candy thermometer; Wash down sugar crystals from side of pan with wet brush.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; add syrup slowly; beat 3 min.; on low speed, beat in confectioners' sugar.
- Cool; fold in vanilla and butter.
- For chocolate frosting: beat in 4 squares of unsweetened baker's chocolate that has been melted and cooled.