This allergen-free recipe for chocolate cupcakes is courtesy of Divvies Bakery founder Lori Sandler. To ensure that your cupcakes are free of milk, eggs, tree nuts, and peanuts, ingredients used should not contain any of these foods and should not have been manufactured in a facility that produces products that contain these foods. Check the packaging every time a purchase is made on even a familiar ingredient, as manufacturing This recipe for allergen-free vanilla frosting, courtesy of Divvies Bakery owner Lori Sandler, goes perfectly with her allergen-free chocolate cupcakes. To ensure that frosting is free of milk, eggs, tree nuts, and peanuts, ingredients used should not contain any of these foods and should not have been manufactured in a facility that produces products that contain these foods. Check the packaging every time a purchase is made on even a familiar ingredient, as manufacturing procedures can change.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1CAKE: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners; set aside.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- 3In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together oil, vinegar, vanilla, and water until well combined. Add flour mixture to the mixer and mix until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula as necessary. Batter should look and feel more watery than normal cake batters.
- 4Pour batter into prepared muffin tin, filling each cup 1/2 to 3/4 full. Transfer to oven and bake, rotating pan halfway through cooking, until a cake tester inserted into the center of one of the cupcakes comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 5Immediately remove cupcakes from muffin tin and transfer to a wire rackso the water can evaporate and your cupcakes will not be soggy. Let cool completely before frosting.
- 6FROSTING: In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar, margarine, salt, and vanilla, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula as necessary.
- 7Add rice milk and continue mixing until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula, as necessary. With the mixer running, slowly add remaining 1/2 cup confectioners sugar, mix until well combined. Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, up to one week.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Divvies Chocolate Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.6
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 228.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 29.7 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: