The spread on these meatball sandwiches is what really sets them apart from others. You can experiment and customize by using your favorite meatballs, sauces and fresh bread. Good for a party finger food, or for lunch or dinner. I promise no meatball sandwich will be the same again! Cook time includes entire process.
- In a large pot combine frozen meatballs and spaghetti sauce.
- Heat over medium until meatballs are heated throughout.
- Meanwhile, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning, pepper, and garlic powder and set aside.
- Slice Italian style bread loaves horizontally with serrated bread knife.
- Cut loaves into three- or four-inch sections to make small sandwiches.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on insides of each sandwiche's tops and bottoms.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- When meatballs are heated, spoon onto sandwiches and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Put sandwich tops on and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake about 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.