Recipe by Bonnie bonbon
this recipe was divinely inspired. i threw it together while cooking an impromptu dinner at my house along with two friends. i have been trying to create a delicious spinach or greens dish for a while now, and finally, success!
- 1 lb fresh spinach (or other greens)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
Directions See How It's Made
- wash, chop, and steam spinach.
- wash and chop cilantro, discarding lower stems.
- heat ghee in saucepan on medium-high setting.
- once ghee is hot, add mustard seed.
- once mustard seeds pop, add chopped onion and sautee till translucent.
- reduce heat to medium-low; add to pan the steamed spinach, cumin, coriander, salt, and cayenne.
- remove pan from heat and add chopped cilantro, stir.
- serve with your favorite indian main dish.