My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
CURRANT JELLY SAUCE
- 1 (12 ounce) jar red currant jelly
- 1 (15 ounce) can peaches (or your choice of canned fruit. I like peaches)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 small egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 8 slices white bread
- 4 roasted vegetarian turkey pieces or 4 cooked vegetarian chicken pieces, cut in half to 1/4-inch thickness
- 4 slices tillamook swiss cheese (1 ounce each sandwich)
- 8 slices tempeh bacon, cooked (or your favorite veggie bacon, such as Morningstar Farms, etc.)
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1NOTE: I used Morningstar Farms "chik patties", but Tofurkey deli mock turkey slices would work, too as would mock ham deli slices for the bacon.
- 2CURRANT JELLY SAUCE: Combine jelly, water and half and half in blender and mix until smooth. Makes about 3/4 cup.
- 3FRUIT COMPOTE: Combine your favorite fresh and canned fruits and chill well. Yield is about 1/2 cup per person.
- 4BATTER: Place water, egg, salt, and pepper in a bowl and using an electric mixer, mix well at low speed. Add flour and baking powder and mix until batter is smooth. Chill.
- 5SANDWICHES: Make 4 sandwiches, putting cheese between veggie bacon and mock chicken cutlet. Cut into fourths and put a toothpick through each quarter.
- 6Heat about 6 inches of oil to 340 degrees in a fryer. Dip sandwiches in batter to cover all surfaces. Deep fry sandwiches until golden brown, turning as needed. An alternate way of frying it to put approximately 1/4-inch oil in a large pan and fry the sandwiches on both sides until crispy and brown.
- 7Remove from oil and take out toothpicks. Drain on paper towel to remove excess oil. Sprinkle sandwiches with confectioners' sugar. Serve with fruit compote and currant jelly sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Disneyland's Blue Bayou Monte Cristo Sandwich II (Vegetarian)
Serving Size: 1 (1758 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 828.9
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 66.2 mg
- Sodium 910.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 172.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 98.7 g
- Protein 16.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetarian turkey pieces