Top Review by Bev
This rice has a very nice flavor! I made as directed, only transferring my rice to a covered pyrex dish to bake, and the rice was done exactly the time specified. I loved the black-eyed peas in this dish! Thanks, Sharlene!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 onion, finely diced
- 3 red bell peppers, finely diced
- 3 green bell peppers, finely diced
- 2 yellow bell peppers, finely diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain white rice
- 2 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- 4 cups canned black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- salt and pepper
- 2⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, finey chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large ovenproof pan over meidum-high heat, melt butter; add onions and peppers to pan and stir until limp, about 5 minutes.
- Add Old Bay seasoning and rice and continue cooking until rice is translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Pour 2 3/4 cups boiling water into rice mixture.
- Stir well until rice returns to a boil.
- Stir in the black-eyed peas and season well with salt and pepper.
- Cover pan with a sheet of buttered waxed paper or prchment paper and then with aluminum foil.
- Bake in 400°F oven for 15 to 18 minutes.
- When the rice is done, fold in the cilantro and serve.