Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
These are the best I've ever had!
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 3 -4 cups flour
- In a saucepan heat the milk, Crisco, sugar and salt until melted.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Combine the yeast and water. Let stand until foamy.
- Add milk mix.
- Add egg and flour until a firm dough forms.
- Knead until smooth.
- Place in a bowl sprayed with Pam. Cover with a damp towel. Let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Punch down. Shape into 16 rolls.
- Place on a sprayed baking sheet. Cover with same towel. Let rise 45 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated 400° oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
heavenly with butter. Thanks for the recip