Recipe by Chef SuzyQ
I've had this recipe for years and use it often. A perfect dish to take to someone or to take to a potluck dinner. I've varied it lots of ways, and it always turns out good.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground lean pork or 1⁄2 lb sausage
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 6 ounces italian style tomato paste
- 3 ounces water
- 14 ounces chunky style tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 12 ounces egg noodles, boiled, drained, buttered, peppered
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef and pork with chopped onion and garlic. Drain and add tomato paste, water, tomato sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, and red wine vinegar.
- In a separate pan, saute mushrooms in olive oil and butter. Add mushrooms to meat mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, and green onions.
- Put half cooked egg noodles in lightly greased 9 x 13 pan. Dollop with cream cheese mixture. Pour half meat mixture over top; then repeat layers. Top with sharp cheddar. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.