Recipe by 2Bleu
In NJ and NY area, this is how many diners make their yummy homefries. The diners I worked at would begin by taking the baked potatoes leftover from dinner, unwrapping the aluminum foil, then cutting off the skins. Then they start slicing the potatoes for the breakfast crowd who are eagerly awaiting these wonderful home fries that go perfectly with their omelets, toast, and coffee filled breakfast. *If your looking for the 'perfect' baked potatoes, try Bird's Perfect Baked Potatoes
Top Review by Lainey39
These are delicious! I made these for breakfast after having baked potatoes the night before. I loved the crispiness on the outside and how soft they were on the inside. I will use this recipe again. Thanks for sharing.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 potatoes, baked, cooled overnight, peeled, and sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1 dash garlic powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large frying pan (or use your griddle pan). Add potatoes and onions (and green bell pepper if desired). Season to taste with salt, pepper and optional garlic powder.
- Fry potatoes for about 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Sprinkle paprika over potatoes and continue cooking and turning them for another 5-10 minutes until heated through. Serve with ketchup.