Dilly Beans (Pickled Green Beans)
- Prepare 6- 1/2 pint jars & lids for canning. Fill processing pot half way with water, simmer over light heat.
- Trim green beans to 1/4" shorter than jar.
- In 2 quart saucepan combine brine ingredients heat to boiling over high heat.
- In each jar place 1 dill sprig, 1/8 of crushed red pepper (an extra clove of garlic if desired). Pack green beans tightly into jars.
- Remove garlic from brine, ladle brine with in 1/4" of the top of the jars. Place lids on jars (do not tighten all the way).
- Process for canning by simmering in processing pot until bubbles do not rise from the lids. Carefully remove and allow jars to cool.
- I am an amateur canner - please feel free to verify canning procedure!