Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Perfect addition to a bloody mary or just straight!
Make and share this Dilly Beans (Pickled Green Beans) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs green beans
- 2 1⁄2 cups distilled vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 6 sprigs fresh dill
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Prepare 6- 1/2 pint jars & lids for canning. Fill processing pot half way with water, simmer over light heat.
- Trim green beans to 1/4" shorter than jar.
- In 2 quart saucepan combine brine ingredients heat to boiling over high heat.
- In each jar place 1 dill sprig, 1/8 of crushed red pepper (an extra clove of garlic if desired). Pack green beans tightly into jars.
- Remove garlic from brine, ladle brine with in 1/4" of the top of the jars. Place lids on jars (do not tighten all the way).
- Process for canning by simmering in processing pot until bubbles do not rise from the lids. Carefully remove and allow jars to cool.
- I am an amateur canner - please feel free to verify canning procedure!
I wasn't an overbig fan of this but my six year old was. I served them cold on the side of grilled meats
I added a lot more garlic...but LOVE these. Just as a snack, in a bloody mary...or on a wrap. I am an amateur canner too, very easy to do. Thanks, this is a keeper.