Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Southern Living Magazine. Cooking time includes minimum chilling time.
- 2 lbs small red potatoes, unpeeled
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved, and sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Place potatoes in largge pot, add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25-30 minutes until tender. Drain, cool, and cut into quarters.
- Whisk together vinegar, oil, dill, salt, and pepper. Pour over warm potatoes.
- Stir in chopped bell pepper and green onions. Add cheese, toss to combine.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
This recipe was a big hit at my Mama's birthday cookout. I omitted the cucumbers because I"m not a big fan, but they are probably great. This recipe is very versatile and could be easily tweaked in different directions. Next time, yes on fresh garlic, olive oil or some other fine healthful oil, red onions (I had green on hand) and chopped sun dried tomatoes. I really enjoyed the flavors warm as well. It was spectacular the next day.
this was delicious and similar to a Greek tater salad, I increased the feta and black pepper, used 1/2 cup chopped red onion and also added in 2 minced garlic cloves with the oil mixture, the flavor increases with chilling time, thanks for sharing Kizzi!
A very tasty potato salad which we really enjoyed. :) I used baby potatoes, fresh dill and olive oil (as it's what I mostly use). Loved the dill, cucumber and feta in this, and of course the red pepper, which added a nice crunchiness: a great blend of flavours. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe, Kizzikate. It's certainly one I'll be making again. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.