Recipe by Kizzikate
From Southern Living Magazine. Cooking time includes minimum chilling time.
Top Review by Lali TigerToes
This recipe was a big hit at my Mama's birthday cookout. I omitted the cucumbers because I"m not a big fan, but they are probably great. This recipe is very versatile and could be easily tweaked in different directions. Next time, yes on fresh garlic, olive oil or some other fine healthful oil, red onions (I had green on hand) and chopped sun dried tomatoes. I really enjoyed the flavors warm as well. It was spectacular the next day.
- 2 lbs small red potatoes, unpeeled
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved, and sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in largge pot, add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25-30 minutes until tender. Drain, cool, and cut into quarters.
- Whisk together vinegar, oil, dill, salt, and pepper. Pour over warm potatoes.
- Stir in chopped bell pepper and green onions. Add cheese, toss to combine.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.