Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
recipe from Foodie with Family This dip is good for up to a week when stored tightly covered in the refrigerator. It may become thinner as the week draws to an end.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup chopped dill pickle (I used my mini food processor, it was a snap!)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 -4 tablespoons pickle juice, for thinner dip (use less for thicker dip (or more)
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Use a wooden spoon to press into the cream cheese then stir until loosened up and smooth. Stir in all of the remaining ingredients until evenly distributed. Transfer to a serving dish and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
I love pickles (and cream cheese) so knew I would love this dip. I halved the recipe and used homemade refrigerator pickles (the larger amount). The pickles added plenty of salt so I skipped the additional salt and also skipped the additional pickle juice (the juice created from chopping the pickles seemed to be enough to me). Otherwise made as directed. Thanks for sharing!
Went well with crackers/chips, but really excellent on a bagel. You might not think of pickles and cream cheese for your bagel, but if you love pickles, you will love the combo. I used fresh dill and followed the other reviewer and left out the salt. I can see why this made it into her best of the year cookbook. A similar one made it into mine, and it reminds me of it: Dill Pickle Dip.....yum!!.
Yummy with barbequed sun chips! Thanks! Made for the Best of 2013 game.