Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are a wonderful alternative to bland scalloped potatoes. Use can subtitute cream for the milk, or use chicken broth instead.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the potaoes thin and cover them with ice water. Then pat dry when you are ready to use them.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter and then add flour and cook over low haet for a few minutes. Add milk gradually until sauce begins to thicken. Then add the remaining ingredients except parsley.
- Grease a casserole dish and layer the potatoes and sauce 3 times, if possible.
- Sprinkle with parsely and bake 1 and 1/2 hours.